Snorkelling is great fun, easy to learn and an ideal way to build up confidence in the water.
For both children and adults, snorkelling is a great introduction to underwater sports and can be the first step towards scuba diving.
Whether gliding through kelp to find tiny sea creatures or looking down at a magnificent basking shark, you can find some of the best snorkelling experiences around the British coast.
1. What scuba gear will I use?
All the equipment you will need is included in your PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience. Some equipment you may have used before such as a mask, snorkel or fins, but you will also use some different equipment while underwater.
2. What are the prerequisites for this course?
• You must be 8 years old or older to participate in the PADI Snorkelling course.
• You will need to learn some important safety rules regarding breathing and equalization while scuba diving from the PADI Instructor. Scuba diving and the use of scuba equipment without proper supervision or instruction can result in serious injury or death. You must be instructed in its use under the direct supervision of a qualified instructor.
3. Do I need to be able to swim?
• There is no requirement to be able to swim for a try dive experience. However, if you wish to complete the PADI Snorkeling Course, you have to be able to demonstrate basic water skills. This is to make sure you’re comfortable in the water.
Course Form Required
Once you have booked your course you will be asked to complete the required course forms and submit them online.
Please see an example of the forms requiring completion here
By law all students must have completed these forms prior to the start of the lesson and will NOT be permitted to participate in this program without first completing and submitting the online forms.